Rhubarb and Apple Crumble Love

I cook a lot. I love to bake and cook. This is probably an extension of the house rule that means the cook does not have to wash up after the meal but also to the fact that as my folks are working I am often the one left home to cook.

Anyways for many reasons not really relevant I found myself cooking and baking last night. Yes! Combination meal. Crumbles have always played a significant role in my life, since I was very little my mother discovered that I had a talent for making the topping. She did decide to have me crumble it together with a fork - wise under the circumstances of having a very messy child - and whilst it used to take about 15 mins for me to do, it now takes approximately 3. It has got to the stage where the weighing is less than the taste-test. You know a recipe when that happens. You live a recipe when that happens.

This crumble however was extra special as we have rhubarb from the garden and plums from the garden. Jam has been made from most of the plums but there were some left and mmmmmmm, the mix is a little tart but perfect with the topping.

So, into the inaugural recipe of this blog.

Rhubarb and Apple Crumble Love


Ingredients/method:
(All ingredients we use are generally organic, but essentially just use the best quality you can get your little hands on!)

Fruit - cooked a little in a saucepan with water, so soft but not too much (approx half fill whatever baking dish you are using is a nice measure).

6 oz flour
3 oz of butter.
3 oz brown sugar + spoon of crunchy sugar

Combine Flour and softened butter with a fork so that it becomes crumbly, then add sugar, brown first and then the crunch. Taste and add more sugar if desired. Then plonk topping on top of fruit and bake for 15-25 mins in 150 degrees-ish. I mention ish as out oven is rubbish.

Serve warm. With love.